How to make sure all of your fully-labeled Drive files copied into your destination account
Did you know?
When VaultMe makes a copy of your source account’s Drive files, it first creates a Copy Folder in the "My Drive" section of your destination account's Google Drive named after your source account email address.
Then, VaultMe duplicates the folders, sub-folders, and files in your source account and “nests” them under the Copy Folder in your destination account as illustrated below.
Steps to find your copied Drive files
- Wait until your copy is complete. You will know it’s complete when you receive the “Migration Complete!” email from VaultMe (sent to your destination account).
- Go to https://drive.google.com and log in to your destination account
- In the left hand navigation, find and click the ▸ 'expand folder' arrow next to "My Drive"
- Under "My Drive", find the folder matching your source account email address and click the ▸ 'expand folder' arrow on the left to reveal the copies of the 'top level' folders from your source account
- Click the new "My Drive" folder under your source account email address to reveal the contents of your copied "My Drive" folders and files from your source account
Why are my files under a sub-folder?
There are several reasons VaultMe creates a sub-folder and doesn’t “merge” files and folders from your source account into the same folders in your destination account: